An Information Day will be held on Tuesday 1 March at the local Fire Station in Coonamble. The workshops will be co-presented by staff from ETOW and FRNSW on the following dates:
- Monday 7th March
- Monday 21 March
- Monday 4th April
The program will provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to gain employment as a Retained Firefighter with Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW).
The FRNSW pre-employment program will target 15 local people from Coonamble and other western region communities including Walgett and Brewarrina. Aboriginal people, women and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, will be encouraged to participate.
- successful applications to FRNSW in western NSW
- up-to-date resume, including effectively addressing selection criteria
- ability to successfully complete FRNSW recruitment, including the Physical Aptitude Test (PAT)
- increased employability skills.
The structured workshops will
- provide information on entry requirements
- develop key employability skills
- provide practice in the PAT